The Organic Seed Growers Conference is a biennial event that strives to create an inclusive forum for discussion, debate, and development within the organic community, encouraging organic gardeners and farmers, researchers, citizens at large, and companies of all sizes and sectors, as well as nonorganic entities interested in moving into the organic industry, to participate. The goal is to inspire individuals, organizations, and businesses to take actions that support and improve the integrity of the philosophical and practical systems that make up the organic seed movement and trade.
Interested parties include
- Farmers, seed producers, plant breeders, and researchers working in organic seed systems
- Organic and non-organic farmers and seed producers interested in organic seed production
- University extension looking to expand organic seed education and outreach
- Farmers interested in on-farm plant breeding
- Organic certifiers interested in learning about organic seed availability and related issues
- Government employees involved in plant breeding or related research and education
- Government employees engaged in food, farm, and rural policy
- Non-government seed advocacy, research, and education organizations
- Food companies, cooperatives, and processors in the organic sector
- Undergraduate and graduate students, and post-doctoral researchers studying organic seed
The Organic Seed Growers Conference is the largest event focused solely on organic seed in North America, bringing together hundreds of participants from across the U.S. and around the world. The conference has been convening the organic seed community for nearly two decades and includes a packed agenda of presentations, panel discussions, networking events, and celebrations. Farm tours and short courses are held prior to the full two-day conference, which takes place on a Friday and Saturday.
If you have an interest in organic seed, be it on the practical growing side of things, on the governmental policy side of things, or on a more philosophical level, this conference is for you.